Sesame oil has been used to cure skin ailments since ages. Its application on the skin provides glow and softness and rids the skin of acne, blemishes and other skin problems. If you’re not familiar with this versatile oil, stay put for you are going to be enlightened about the various sesame oil benefits for the skin.
- What is Sesame Oil?
- Nutritional Value of Sesame Oil
- Beauty Benefits of Sesame Oil for Skin
- Different Ways of Using Sesame Oil on Skin
- How to Get Good Quality sesame oil?
What is Sesame Oil?
Sesame Oil is a yellow-coloured oil extracted from sesame seeds. It is a common ingredient in many Indian households and is extensively used in cooking. What you might not know about sesame oil, however, is that it is also richly used in cosmetics as well as used as a healer. Sesame oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which make it good for skin and wound healing.
Nutritional Value of Sesame Oil
Sesame oil is rich in fatty acids that are needed to absorb fat-soluble nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin D and various antioxidants. Sesame oil benefits for skin are also derived from its fats content.
Beauty Benefits of Sesame Oil for Skin
Is Sesame Oil good for skin? You bet it is, as it helps with a number of skin problems and goals. The beauty benefits of sesame oil are innumerable and here we have tried to list the major ones-
1. Treat Acne
Using Sesame oil for acne prone skin can be your winning battle against acne. Its antibacterial properties prevent acne development by cleansing accumulated dirt. You can also sesame oil for acne scars removal.
2. Detoxification of skin
Being your body cover, skin takes some of the greatest impacts of pollution in the form of accumulated dirt and toxins. Sesame oil can be heated and applied on the skin for 15 minutes and then washed off to detoxify skin and kill germs.
3. Treat Wrinkles
Using sesame oil to massage face is an effortless way to loosen the knots of exhaustion and also to make the skin on your face firm. Using sesame oil for skin wrinkles is an effective way to tighten loosening skin to get rid of fine lines.
4. Fight cracked heel
Sesame oil’s nourishing properties and fats content help fill gaps in the skin. That is why sesame oil is an efficient cracked heel repairer. It also reduces the pain and makes the cracks heal faster.
5. Use for body massage
The detoxifying nature of sesame oil makes it a good massaging agent. The thickness of the oil removes deep-seated toxins from the body and gives thorough cleansing.
6. Prevent bacterial infection
Sesame oil’s antibacterial properties have a germicidal effect on the germs and bacteria on your skin. When there is a bacterial infection on the skin, sesame oil can be used as it resolves the problem from its roots, that is, by killing the very bacteria that has caused the infection.
7. Prevent decolourisation of skin
Melanin deficiency causes decolourisation and pigmentation of the skin. Sesame oil brings about oxidation of tyrosine amino acid, causing melanin content to increase and heal decoloured skin.
Different Ways of Using Sesame Oil on Skin
Sesame oil for oily skin can be used as a cleanser. Sesame oil for dry skin can be used as a moisturizer. Sesame oil for any skin type can be used as a sunscreen and exfoliator. There are varied ways of using sesame oil and we would like to give you an insight into how to go about it-
2 tsp. Sesame oil
Sesame oil can be applied to face 15 minutes before washing it. This allows the oil to stick to the impurities on the face and take them down with it during the wash.
3 tsp. Sesame Oil
- If you have extremely dry skin, you can apply sesame oil to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with water (if your skin is too dry) or facewash (if your skin tends to get greasy on the application of oils) and voila! Has moisturizing skin ever been this easy?
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- Sesame oil’s denseness is a good shield against the UV rays of the sun.
- Apply a little oil on your face before leaving the house and you’ll be protected from tanning and skin darkening.
- 2 tsp. Oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- Mix together 2tsp. Oatmeal and 3tbsp.
- Sesame oil to make your own natural exfoliator at home. The oil removes impurities while oatmeal dusts off dead skin and scars.
How to Get Good Quality sesame oil?
- Sesame oil comes in two forms- refined and unrefined. Go for the unrefined one. It may be slightly more expensive but is more natural and pure.
- While making a purchase, remember that you are looking for the cosmetic sesame oil and not a cooking brand.
- Sesame oil can be purchased from beauty stores near your place. Or you can buy it online.
- If you are buying sesame oil from a nearby cosmetics store, make sure it is tightly packed and stored in a cool and dry place.
- In case you are making a purchase online, make sure to go for natural cold-pressed ones. Also, try to buy from a trusted online beauty store.
Good quality sesame oil is essential for an effective riddance of skin problems. Sesame Oil benefits for skin are derived from its fatty acids content which helps skin glow and makes it soft and smooth. It also reduces signs of ageing by fading fine lines and wrinkles and makes your skin supple.
Good quality sesame oil can be combined with other household ingredients to make nutritionally rich solutions to get the perfect, acne-free glowing skin. There are some great homemade recipes out there for every skin goal you may have.
Also read: Top 10 Benefits of Sesame Oil (Til) for Hair.