Benefits of Coconut oil are not only amazing for hair but can work wonders on lips too. It has moisturizing and repairing properties that can cure chapped lips. Coconut oil is an effective ingredient that helps you to obtain soft lips.
- DIY Homemade Lip Care Recipes
- Benefits of Using Coconut Oil as a Lip Balm
- Lip care tips
- How to use coconut oil for dry lips?
DIY Homemade Lip Care Recipes
For lips, coconut oil can be applied directly, or you can add more ingredients to it to make natural coconut oil lip balm. Here are 7 lip balm recipes that can be made from coconut oil which will help you get those luscious pink lips.
1. Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Take cocoa butter in a wide bottom pan, and heat to melt it.
- Add coconut oil to it when it melts
- Put the mixture in a container
- Freeze it for 20 minutes
2. Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- 1teaspoon aloe vera gel
- ½ teaspoon carnauba wax
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix both coconut oil and carnauba wax well and put them in a wide-bottom pan and heat it to melt it down.
- Take the Aloe Vera gel and mix it well with the solution.
- Allow the mixture to cool and set and place it in a nice container.
Check here to know more about the amazing benefits of Aloe vera on the skin.
3. Jojoba and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- 5 drops of jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Put jojoba oil and coconut oil in a pan or keep it in a microwave to heat It up
- Mix it well when it melts
- Keep it in a container and freeze for 20 minutes
- Coconut oil and red palm fruit lip balm
Due to numerous benefits of Jojoba oil, we can use it for skin and for hair. Check it out.
4. Red Palm Fruit and Coconut oil Lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon red palm fruit oil
- Melt coconut oil in a pan or microwave and add red palm fruit oil to it
- Pour the mixture into a container and freeze it for half an hour
5. Shea Butter and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon carnauba wax
- 1 tablespoon of shea butter
- Heat coconut oil, carnauba wax and shea butter in a pan or microwave to melt it
- Mix it well
- Pour the mixture into a container and freeze it for half an hour to get an amazing coconut oil lip moisturizer.
- Coconut oil and olive oil lip balm
6. Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of carnauba wax
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Melt coconut oil, carnauba wax, and olive oil in a pan or microwave and mix them well to form a mixture
- Pour the mixture into a container and let it cool down
7. Essential Oil with Coconut Oil Lip Balm
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 5 drops preferred essential oil
- Add the preferred essential oil to coconut oil and mix it well
- Add the mixture into a container and freeze it for 20 minutes.
Benefits of Using Coconut Oil as a Lip Balm
Now that you are well aware of the natural lip balm recipes for soft lips using coconut, here’s a list of benefits you will get by using coconut oil as a lip balm. There are many!
- Coconut oil enhances collagen production which works to heal damaged lips.
- It reduces inflammation and soothes your lips.
- Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and prevents bacterial growth on your chapped lips.
- Coconut oil contains SPF and works like a natural sunscreen on your lips to prevent it from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and keeps your lips soft naturally.
Lip care tips
- Exfoliating is good but remembers not to exfoliate your lips more than two times a week as it can damage your lips.
- Let your lips time to breathe and use fewer cosmetics on them, especially during winters.
- Keep them moisturized all day long using a good quality lip balm.
How to use coconut oil for dry lips?
There are several ways of using coconut oil for dry lips that can broadly be divided into daytime usages and nighttime usages. Coconut oil works differently on your lips during the day and differently during the night.
1. How to use during daytime?
Coconut oil has fantastic moisturizing properties and can be used during the daytime to keep your lips moisturized while you are out at work, school, college or where ever. You can choose from the eight natural coconut oil lip balms mentioned above and apply it to your lips to keep them moisturized for the entire day. You can also scrub your lips once a day using coconut oil to get soft and luscious lips. They also help in keeping your lips from getting dark.
2. How to use during night time?
Coconut oil can make your lips softer during the hours you are asleep. To use it properly, you must wash your lips before going to bed to sleep every day. Next, apply coconut oil on your face including your lips. Rub it lightly with your finger over your lips. Leave it on your lips overnight. Wash it off in the morning with lukewarm water. You can also add Aloe Vera or olive oil to coconut oil while applying it on your lips at night
Wasn’t it right to say that coconut oil can be used for things other than hair too? It certainly has great benefits for lips and can go a long way in making them soft and beautiful.