Cleansing, scrubbing and moisturizing – these are the three standard parts of our regular skin care. And yet the regime is incomplete without a face-mask, at least once a week. What – you may ask – is the necessity? Well, face-masks hydrate the skin, unclog pores, remove excess oil and dirt, and offer a deep sense of relaxation for your skin. And the good news is that it doesn’t take much to make one. Yes! I am talking about homemade face masks! Once you get introduced into this wonderful world of DIY face masks, you will find the answers to all your skin woes! If you are new to this, don’t worry, here is a list ready for you and your skin.
- Top 10 DIY Face Mask for Glowing & Clear Skin
- 1. Aloe Vera Face Mask
- 2. Banana Face Mask for Acne Free Skin
- 3. Turmeric (Haldi) Face Mask for Spotless Skin
- 4. Oatmeal Face Mask for Fabulous Skin
- 5. Tomato-Lemon Face Mask for Glowing Skin
- 6. Egg-Almond Face Mask for Dry Skin
- 7. Cucumber Face Mask for Clear Skin
- 8. Honey And Milk Face Mask for Clear Skin
- 9. Besan Face Mask
- 10. Orange Face Mask for Even Skin Tone
Top 10 DIY Face Mask for Glowing & Clear Skin
1. Aloe Vera Face Mask
Aloe Vera makes an excellent face mask for acne. Other skin benefits of Aloe Vera are extensive – from treating sunburn to moisturizing, to reviving the skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel 1 teaspoon
- Milk cream 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder one pinch
- Glycerin few drops as an alternative ingredient.
How to Make Aloe Vera Face Mask
- Add in the gel, cream and turmeric powder and mix it to a fine paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck, as a thin layer. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mix the gel with a few drops of glycerin, and follow the same procedure of application.
2. Banana Face Mask for Acne Free Skin
If you are looking for that one go-to facemask for acne, a banana facemask is your answer. Containing minerals like zinc, potassium, vitamins A, B, C and E, as well as amino acids, it also acts as a hydrating face mask.
- Ripe Banana 1 medium-sized
- Honey 2 teaspoon
- Additional ingredients 1/4th cup yogurt or 1 tablespoon orange juice
How to Make Banana Face Mask –
- Mash up the banana and mix in the honey. Make sure it is blended properly (use a blender if need be). Few lumps are fine.
- Apply it over your face and keep it for 20-30 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- You may also add in yogurt or orange juice (optional) with this banana face mask for an extra touch!
- Interestingly, applying just the banana peel over your face helps get rid of pimples and dirt.
3. Turmeric (Haldi) Face Mask for Spotless Skin
The turmeric face mask is an age-old face mask for acne. Turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities, helpful for treating acne, scarring, and for a healthy glow.
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Rose water 1-2 teaspoon
How to Make Turmeric Face Mask
- Mix the ingredients into a fine paste.
- Apply it over your face and keep it on for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off the mask slowly creating circular motions.
- Turmeric face mask can also be made using other ingredients with ground coffee, or with aloe vera, yogurt, and honey.
4. Oatmeal Face Mask for Fabulous Skin
Oatmeal is an exfoliating ingredient used in the homemade face mask.
- Oatmeal 2 teaspoons
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Milk 2-3 teaspoons
How to Make Oatmeal Face Mask –
- Ground the oatmeal to finer bits and mix in the other ingredients.
- Apply and keep it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Tomato-Lemon Face Mask for Glowing Skin
A DIY face mask using tomato aids in glowing skin.
- Tomato (blended into puree) ¼ cup
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoon
- Sandalwood powder 1 teaspoon
How to Make Tomato-Lemon Face Mask –
- Mix in the ingredients before applying it on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
6. Egg-Almond Face Mask for Dry Skin
Egg-Almond Face Mask is a superb face mask for dry skin, with the egg moisturizing the skin, and almond oil making it soft.
- Egg 1
- Almond Oil 5-6 drops
How to Make Egg-Almond Face Mask –
- Beat the egg, and pour the oil.
- Apply it on your face. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
- Alternatively, you may also use ground almonds instead of oil.
7. Cucumber Face Mask for Clear Skin
Cucumber makes an exceptional hydrating face mask. Its vitamin C and caffeic acid content also aids to reduce skin irritation and sunburn.
- Cucumber (shredded and blended into a paste) 1
- Honey 2 teaspoon (additional)
How to Make Cucumber Face Mask –
- Apply the blended paste on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off, and moisturize.
- Alternatively, add in honey as the moisturizing element.
8. Honey And Milk Face Mask for Clear Skin
Honey acts as a moisturizer and milk as a cleanser for a healthy skin in this DIY face mask.
- Warm milk 4 teaspoon
- Honey 2 teaspoon
How to Make Honey and Milk Face Mask –
- Mix the warm milk into the honey.
- Dab onto your face with a cotton ball.
- Let the skin soak it, by leaving it on for 10-20 minutes, before washing it off.
- Other possible ways of making a honey face mask are by adding mashed papaya or carrot for glowing skin.
- You can also opt for a honey lemon face mask.
9. Besan Face Mask
Another indigenous ingredient of a homemade face mask, besan tackles acne, exfoliates the skin and brings about a glow in the face.
- Besan 2 tablespoon
- Milk cream 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
How to Make Besan Face Mask –
- Mix all the ingredients into a paste and apply it on your face for about 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- For a more hydrating face mask, mix rose water with besan instead of milk cream.
- To make a face mask for acne, add two teaspoons of Multani Mitti to besan and rose water.
10. Orange Face Mask for Even Skin Tone
Orange has citric acid that exfoliates the skin and works in a face mask for acne.
- Orange peel (dried for two days and ground to fine bits) 2 tablespoons/mask
- Sandalwood 1 teaspoon
- Rose water 2-3 teaspoon
How to Make Orange Face Mask
- Mix the ingredients into a paste.
- Apply it on face and neck and let it dry for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Whatever be the homemade face mask that you are trying on, do give it a patch test first. This essentially means that you should first apply a little portion of it on the side of your neck, under your ear for 10-15 minutes, to check if it suits your skin. If there is a reaction, refrain from using the pack on the face. If it works out well, then you are good to go!
Loaded with the recipes of these DIY face masks, a glowing skin for you is just an arm’s length away (literally!).