Our face is one of the most exposed parts of our body and goes through a lot of wear and tear on a daily basis. The dirt and grime on your face because of dust, smoke and pollution tend to take away natural moisture and balance from the skin, making your face look dull and lifeless. Which is why we are advised to clean our faces every day once we come back home at the end of the day. But frequent usage of a normal soap dries out your face as those are harsh. The face wash is a better solution to this. It can be used as a substitute for soap. Regular use of face wash is even more necessary for those with oily skin as it foams up like soap and removes dirt and oil from your skin giving a clean and a fresh look. Face wash effectively removes the oil, dirt and impurities from the pores and unclogs them, giving you a clean and a healthy skin.
And when you’re being bombarded by advertisements of a bunch of brands, each claiming their face wash is the best, how do you choose the best one for yourself? First of all, opt a natural herbal facewash. Since it is a product you’re going to use everyday, better not risk subject your face to a barrage of chemicals for your life. A herbal, natural solution is the best as it is more likely to be gentler on your skin and based on its ingredients may come with bonus benefits from nature.
Below mentioned is the list of 10 best herbal face wash in the market right now:
- List of Top 10 Best Herbal Face Wash in India
- 1. Lotus Herbal Tea Tree Face Wash
- 2. Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash
- 3. Aroma Magic Neem and Tea Tree Face Wash
- 4. Vedantika Herbals Rose and Sandal Face Wash
- 5. Vedantika Herbals Neem Tulsi Aloe Face Wash
- 6. Medimix Ayurvedic Face Wash with Herbs
- 7. Khadi Neem Herbal Face Wash
- 8. Khadi Herbal Aloe Vera Face Wash
- 9. Oshea Herbals Papayaclean Anti Blemishes Face Wash
- 10. Oshea Herbals Glopure Fairness Face Wash
- Can Face Wash be Used on Daily Basis?
- How do I Find Out Right Face Wash for my Skin Type?
- What are the benefits of using a Face Wash?
- How Often to Wash Face with Face Wash?
- Do Face Wash Remove Excessive Oil from Skin?
- How to Choose Facewash According to Skin Type?
- Would You Give Weightage To Natural/Organic Face Cleansers Over Cosmetic Ones?
- Which Factors to Look for Before Buying the Face Wash?
- Is it Necessary to Check Expiry Date Before Buying?
List of Top 10 Best Herbal Face Wash in India
1. Lotus Herbal Tea Tree Face Wash
Lotus Herbal Tea Tree and Cinnamon Anti-Acne Oil Control face wash is specifically formulated for oily skin as it has tea tree and cinnamon as the main ingredient which helps to remove excess oil and helps to regulate the production of sebum, thus preventing pimple and acne. Both Tea tree and cinnamon possess antimicrobial and antioxidative properties, which fights skin infections. The added ingredients in this face wash are helpful in eradicating free radicals, leaving the skin clear, clean and fresh. This face wash is suitable mainly for oily skin.
2. Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash
Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash is very effective in treating pimples and acne. It has a unique blend of neem and turmeric which has antibacterial and antifungal properties. This herbal formulation cleans the pores and cleanses the skin, removing dirt from the pores and removes pimples effectively. Regular use of this face wash helps to keep the acne and pimple from reoccurring. This face wash is suitable mainly for oily skin.
3. Aroma Magic Neem and Tea Tree Face Wash
Aroma Magic Neem and Tea Tree Face Wash is specifically formulated for treating acne and pimple. Neem has got antibacterial properties which help in fighting bacteria responsible for causing acne. Tea tree oil has antioxidants which help in fighting free radicals, making the skin look softer and clearer. Helps in removing excess oil from the skin. This face wash is suitable for oily skin.
4. Vedantika Herbals Rose and Sandal Face Wash
Vedantika Herbals Rose and Sandal Face Wash contain Rose Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Honey and Spring Water. It gently cleanses the skin removing dirt and impurities from the skin. As it contains rosa and sandalwood oil it has a cooling effect on the skin. It gives a radiant and a blemish free skin by reducing the dark spots. Aloe Vera helps in healing minor cuts and wounds. Glycerin and honey help to keep the skin hydrated. Spring water helps to keep the skin bright and radiant. This face wash is suitable for all types of skin, including sensitive skin as well.
5. Vedantika Herbals Neem Tulsi Aloe Face Wash
Vedantika Herbals Neem Tulsi Aloe Face Wash cleanses and soothes the skin. This face wash contains the extracts of Neem, Tulsi, and Aloe Vera which is very effective in treating all kind of skin disorders. Neem and Tulsi are known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties which are very effective against a pimple and acne. Aloe Vera and Honey helps to moisturize the skin giving a soft and radiant skin. This face wash is suitable for all types of skin, including sensitive skin as well.
6. Medimix Ayurvedic Face Wash with Herbs
Medimix Ayurvedic Face Wash with its 6 essential herbs gives an all-day protection to the skin by removing all the toxic substances from the skin. Lodhra helps in reducing skin inflammation and helps in maintaining even skin tone and manjishta enhances the skin texture. Moreover, it is formulated with the unique blend of turmeric, aloe vera and neem which rejuvenates and nourishes the skin.
7. Khadi Neem Herbal Face Wash
Khadi Neem Herbal Face Wash is a herbal formulation that helps in removing impurities and prevents pimples and acne. It is enriched with neem oil and tea tree oil which has antibacterial properties. This face wash is suitable for pimples and acne prone skin.
8. Khadi Herbal Aloe Vera Face Wash
Khadi Herbal Aloe Vera Face Wash not only cleanses your skin but also gently moisturizes it, leaving the skin soft and smooth. It is suitable for all skin types.
420 ml (Twin Pack)
9. Oshea Herbals Papayaclean Anti Blemishes Face Wash
Oshea Herbals Papayaclean Anti Blemishes Face Wash is enriched with Papaya extract and Vitamin E, which deeply cleanses the skin and lightens the spots and helps remove dirt and impurities from the pores leaving it refreshed. This face wash is suitable for all type of skin.
10. Oshea Herbals Glopure Fairness Face Wash
Oshea Herbals Glopure Fairness Face Wash is made from natural ingredients which nourish and revitalises the skin making it soft, fresh and bright. It contains liquorice extract which suppresses the production of melanin. This is suitable for all skin types.
Can Face Wash be Used on Daily Basis?
You can use a Face Wash on a daily basis as it helps to remove the dirt and grime from your face making it clean, fresh and soft. For oily skin you can use it up to twice a day – let’s say once in the morning and once in the night, if it is not making your skin dry or rough. It is not suggested to overuse facewash as it may upset the balance of your skin.
How do I Find Out Right Face Wash for my Skin Type?
Typically there are these skin types:
- Dry Skin
- Oily Skin
- Combination of Dry and Oily Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Normal Skin
You must be very careful while choosing face wash so as to get the benefits of face wash to your skin type. There are so many options available in the market, but choose a face wash that is suitable for your skin type.
What are the benefits of using a Face Wash?
Facewash has innumerable benefits for skin, which are mentioned below:
- It nourishes the skin
- Helps in removing the pollutants.
- Unclogs the pores.
- Removes excess of oil from the skin.
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties help to deeply cleanse the skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties help in soothing the irritated skin.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Rejuvenates the skin, preventing the outbreak of skin.
- Helps in preventing wrinkles.
How Often to Wash Face with Face Wash?
It mainly depends on your skin type. For people with dry skin and sensitive skin, washing your face once in the evening is recommended. For oily skin, you may need to wash your face morning and evening, after a workout to prevent a breakout. For sensitive skin type washing face very frequently is not recommended as your skin tends to become irritated.
Do Face Wash Remove Excessive Oil from Skin?
Face Wash does help to remove excess oil from the skin by removing the dead cells from the skin surface and unclogging the blocked pores, making the skin rejuvenated and healthy.
How to Choose Facewash According to Skin Type?
- Dry Skin: If you have a dry skin choose a face wash which has more of moisturizing ingredients like -Aloe Vera, Honey, Glycerine etc which hydrates your skin and locks the moisture inside.
- Oily Skin: If you have an oily skin go for face wash which helps to unclog the blocked pores which are mainly responsible for causing pimple and acne. Face wash containing Tea Tree Oil, Cinnamon, Neem, Tulsi which possess antibacterial and antifungal properties works best for people with oily skin as it removes excess oil and dirt from the skin and unclogs the pores keeping your skin healthy and fresh.
- Combination of Dry and Oily Skin: If your T-Zone (i.e forehead, nose and chin) tend to become more oily and other parts like cheek, neck and area around eyes tend to become dry, then you have a combination skin. Face wash with mild cleansers like papaya, tulsi, neem, turmeric is good for combination skin, as it gently cleanses the skin, giving it a healthy glow.
- Sensitive Skin: If your skin has any reaction while using specific soap, cream or lotion then you have a sensitive skin. People with sensitive skin should restrict the usage of any chemical products on their skin to a minimum. Go for gentle cleansers like face wash containing rose, sandalwood, honey which is gentle on sensitive skin also.
- Normal Skin: If your skin is neither too much oily nor tends to dry out soon, then you have a normal skin type. People with normal skin type can go for mild cleaning face wash which doesn’t dry out your skin. Face wash with mild cleansing agents like tulsi, tea tree oil and rosewood oil is best for them.
Would You Give Weightage To Natural/Organic Face Cleansers Over Cosmetic Ones?
Nature has blessed us with enough ingredients that can not only take care of the basic issues on our skin but also provide added benefits to our skin, in addition to doing their job as a wash. Stich to natural, organic or herbal products. Some of these products might not be 100% so, but are better than cosmetically/synthetically manufactured ones which contain many more chemicals with long-term consequences that are either questionable or unknown.
Which Factors to Look for Before Buying the Face Wash?
Before you go to buy a face wash always keep these three things in mind:
- Know your skin type and skin needs
- Know your product’s ingredients
- Always opt for safer natural products
Is it Necessary to Check Expiry Date Before Buying?
Yes, it is very important to check the expiry date before buying as the contents of the product may become contaminated and its composition altered after expiry and using such products may have negative effects upon usage.