During winter, your skin tends to lose moisture and becomes rough, scaly and flaky, resulting in dry and itchy skin. Just as you take utmost care of your face during winters, by moisturizing it with a good moisturizer, similarly your body also needs special care and attention. People with dry skin should take utmost care of their face and body during winters, as the cool and chilly winds strip the moisture of your skin making it dry, dull and lifeless.
You should keep your skin and body hydrated even during summers. Use a good moisturizer or rather body lotion which helps to hydrate your skin and helps retain moisture. Apply generously on your face, neck, back, arms and legs after the shower when your skin is still damp because damp skin traps the moisture making your skin soft and supple.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss the 10 best body lotions for dry skin.
- 10 Best Body Lotions For Dry Skin
- 1. Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
- 2. Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Glow Body Lotion
- 3. Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk With Deep Moisture Serum And Almond Oil
- 4. Biotique Bio Creamy Coconut Ultra Rich Body Lotion
- 5. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Protect Body Lotion
- 6. Ponds Triple Vitamin Moisturizing Body Lotion
- 7. Himalaya Cocoa Butter Intensive Body Lotion
- 8. Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Lotion With Shea Butter And Warm Vanilla
- 9. Lakme Peach Milk Body Moisturiser
- 10. Parachute Advanced Body Lotion
- 1. Which Body Lotion Should I Choose For My Dry Skin In Winters?
- 2. Is Petroleum Jelly Lotion Good For Dry Skin?
- 3. What Ingredients To Look In For A Body Lotion For Dry Skin?
- 4. How To Properly Apply Lotion On Dry Skin?
- 5. Will Vaseline Clog My Pores?
- 6. Do We Need To Use Body Lotion In Summers?
- 7. How Many Times In A Day Should I Apply Body Lotion?
- 8. Which Is Better-Body Butter Or Body Lotions?
- 9. Is It Better To Have SPF In Body Lotions?
- 10. Can I use body lotion on my face?
10 Best Body Lotions For Dry Skin
1. Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
This hydrating body lotion from Cetaphil is considered as the best lotion for treating dry and sensitive skin. It is clinically proven to hydrate dry skin for up to 24 hours. This lotion contains Epidermal Replenishing Complex (ERC5) which is a unique combination of 5 ingredients which help protect dry skin by enhancing the moisturization of your skin. It helps to keep your skin well hydrated which in turn makes it soft, smooth and supple. It is non-comedogenic, hence won’t clog your pores, is fragrance-free and recommended by most of the dermatologists.
2. Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Glow Body Lotion
This Body lotion from Vaseline is rich in cocoa butter which helps to moisturize your skin and deeply nourishes it, making your skin glow with radiance. It is non-greasy, leaving an enchanting fragrance on your body which is long lasting. It contains microdroplets of Vaseline jelly which helps to trap moisture, thus retains the moisture on your skin. This body lotion is ideal for dull and dry skin.
3. Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk With Deep Moisture Serum And Almond Oil
This nourishing lotion from Nivea is an excellent body lotion for dry to extra dry skin. It is enriched with Deep Moisture serum and almond oil which gives intensive care and protection for your dry skin. It increases the elasticity of your skin and deeply nourishes your skin giving 48-hour protection against dry skin.
4. Biotique Bio Creamy Coconut Ultra Rich Body Lotion
This Body lotion from Biotique comes with an ayurvedic formulation for moisturizing extra dry skin. It is enriched with the goodness of coconut which in Ayurveda is known as ‘Sriphal’ because of its numerous benefits. Enriched with creamy coconut, this body lotion is excellent for moisturizing and nourishing your skin. It contains the potent botanical extracts of masoor, Sarson and Tulsi which heals, repairs and soothes the damaged skin, thus leaving your skin hydrated, soft and smooth in texture.
5. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Protect Body Lotion
This body lotion is an excellent body lotion for men. It has SPF of 25, which protects the skin from harmful UV radiations. It is enriched with calendula extracts which have an antifungal and anti-inflammatory property which speeds up the healing process to help reduce dark spots and improves the texture of your skin. It gives 24-hour protection from dry skin. It also contains B3 and E which helps to nourish and moisturize the skin.
6. Ponds Triple Vitamin Moisturizing Body Lotion
This body lotion is very beneficial for people with dry skin as it is enriched with triple Vitamins – Vitamin B3, C and E which nourishes and moisturizes your skin leaving it soft, smooth and silky. It moisturizes your skin up to 3X times making it soft and supple even during winters. For best results use it twice a day.
7. Himalaya Cocoa Butter Intensive Body Lotion
This body lotion deeply nourishes, intensely moisturizes and repairs the dry skin as well as the itchy skin. It is enriched with Cocoa Butter and wheat germ oil which helps to rejuvenate your dull skin. This body lotion helps to improve your skin’s elasticity and helps replenish the lost moisture even of the extra dry skin making it look fresh and rejuvenated.
8. Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Lotion With Shea Butter And Warm Vanilla
This body lotion from Dove is good for dry skin during summers as it helps to refresh your skin because of the presence of Cucumber, Menthol and Green Tea scent. This body lotion hydrates and rejuvenates your skin keeping it soft, supple and giving a long-lasting freshness. It contains DeepCare Complex with skin natural nutrients and essential oils which nourishes your skin from deep within.
9. Lakme Peach Milk Body Moisturiser
This body moisturizer from Lakme is infused with the goodness of peach and milk which helps to nourish and moisturize your skin. It has a mild and soothing scent which gives you a long lasting fragrance. It gets quickly absorbed into the skin and gives your skin protection for up to 12 hours. Apply regularly twice a day for glowing, soft and supple skin.
10. Parachute Advanced Body Lotion
This body lotion from Parachute is enriched with 100% natural moisturizers which help to replenish your dry skin. It contains coconut milk which nourishes your skin giving it a natural glow. It moisturizes your skin from deep within as it gets quickly absorbed into the skin. This body lotion is beneficial for people with extra dry skin. This body lotion is ideal for application in summer season as well.
1. Which Body Lotion Should I Choose For My Dry Skin In Winters?
Cetaphil Body Lotion is the best body lotion for dry skin in winters as it is clinically proven that it hydrates dry skin up to 24 hours. It contains Epidermal Replenishing Complex 5 (ERC5) which is a unique combination of 5 ingredients to enhance the hydrating property of your skin.
2. Is Petroleum Jelly Lotion Good For Dry Skin?
Petroleum Jelly is very beneficial in treating dry skin as it gently soothes the dry and itchy skin by moisturizing it and also helps to lock the moisture, thus keeping your skin hydrated for a longer time. Thus Petroleum jelly lotion is good for dry skin.
3. What Ingredients To Look In For A Body Lotion For Dry Skin?
People with dry skin should always look out for these ingredients mentioned on the label:
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Mineral Oil
- Propylene Glycol
These ingredients help to attract water and help to lock moisture inside your skin.
4. How To Properly Apply Lotion On Dry Skin?
Body Lotions help to lock moisture inside the skin which prevents dryness and flaky skin. But the whole process becomes more effective when you apply moisturizing lotion on a damp skin i.e within 5 mins after a shower. Take your favourite body lotion on your palm and gently rub it between your palm to warm it up and apply on your neck and then down towards your toes covering each and every body part.
5. Will Vaseline Clog My Pores?
Vaseline is made up of petroleum jelly and pure petroleum jelly won’t clog your pores.
6. Do We Need To Use Body Lotion In Summers?
Yes, you can apply body lotion in summer season also to moisturize your skin. But some body lotions are specially formulated to take care of your skin during winters, which should not be used during the summer season as it tends to make your skin more oily. You can go for body lotions which gently moisturizes your skin even during extreme hot climate.
7. How Many Times In A Day Should I Apply Body Lotion?
You should apply body lotion at least twice a day, one in the morning immediately after a shower and another at night, before going to bed.
8. Which Is Better-Body Butter Or Body Lotions?
Body butter products are always thicker in consistency and help to retain as much moisture as possible whereas body lotion may vary in consistency from being lightweight, non-greasy to thick and creamy. The body butter is required if your skin is extremely dry and damaged and needs intensive moisture. If just an additional moisturization is required, you can go for body lotion.
9. Is It Better To Have SPF In Body Lotions?
Yes, it always good to have a body lotion with good SPF, as it helps to protect your skin from the harmful effects of UV radiations.
10. Can I use body lotion on my face?
No, you should never use body lotions of your face, as body lotions are mostly thicker in consistency and its fragrance may irritate the delicate skin of the face. You should only use facial moisturizers on your face.